I am honestly delighted and pleasantly surprised to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Maggie — whom I’d like to thank, she is a lovely fellow blogger whose blog From Cave Walls I have always thoroughly enjoyed following and getting to read her uplifting, positive and relatable posts as well as engaging with her through blog feedback. Thank you so much for following my blog and for nominating me, I appreciate this positive space and this blogging community so much.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer award for blogs that inspire joy and positivity.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog
Maggie’s questions for me:
1.Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
I get my inspiration from my every day life and the challenges that we face as a couple, as well as the adventures we go on, from the books and blogs that I read, from my family and friends and from the environments that make me feel most at peace and inspired, mostly in the great outdoors.
2. Country or city or somewhere in-between?
I love both elements for very different reasons, but if I ever had to choose I would always choose the country, more specifically coastal countryside – it’s where I am happiest and most at peace and busy cities sometimes give me anxiety.
3. Have you ever seen a glacier or the northern lights?
Neither! Although it would be an absolute dream to do so!
4. Where do you feel most at home?
On the UK Coastline, barefoot on a sandy beach, going for a paddle, walking through the countryside or playing in the garden, anywhere outside really, although cuddling up on the sofa with a good film is always a preference too.
5. What talent do you wish you possessed?
I wish I possessed the ability to naturally pick up multiple languages with ease, although really I suppose that may be considered more of a skill arguably? So I’m also going to say I wish I had the talent of performing musically.
6. What animal would you consider your spirit animal?
This question is actually the hardest one to answer so far, I’m an indecisive animal lover! But the otter has always been one of my favourite animals, so I’m going to go with that!
7. Have you ever been on television?
Not that I am aware of.
8. Can you play a musical instrument? If so, what?
I can play a few songs on the piano, I’ve played around with acoustic guitar, but more recently I have been learning to play our wedding song on the ukulele.
9. If time travel were possible, what time would you like to visit?
It is a really hard toss up between going into my own future and seeing if all my own dreams were achievable (I know, how gutsy / potentially stupid), or getting to revisit a time shared with passed loved ones.
10. Is music an important part of your life?
Massively! It keeps me calm in times of anxiety, lifts me up in times of sorrow, helps burn off energy / celebrate in times of joy, helps me connect to others and holds connections and memories to so many times in my life.
11. What is the one thing your followers don’t know about you?
That I have invested my time in multiple diverse hobbies in my earlier life that mean that I have practical knowledge of various Martial Arts, (I hold a black belt in Wado Ryu as well as skills in Judo and Ju-Jitsu), I know how to ride horses and even know a little Tap and Jazz style dancing.
- Do you consider yourself to be a positive person?
- What got you into blogging?
- What are you looking for when reading others blogs?
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
- What animal do you consider to be your spirit animal? (because this one took me a while to answer)
- What do you consider to be your best quality?
- Where is your favourite place to travel to?
- Where do you feel most in your element?
- What is one thing on your bucket list?
- Do you have a talent? Is so what is it? or if not what do you wish it was?
- What is your favourite aspect about blogging?
- Feathering the empty nest
- Lee from America
- Sea Tea Me
- Being Little
- Living in the Wait
- What to expect when your’e not expecting
- Twin Promise
- My crazy infertility journey
- Dear future babies
- The TTC Project
- This Infertility Journey
This was such a challenge as there are so many blogs out there that I follow for many different reasons. Each giving me something very different in return! There are so many lovely blogs I appreciate so much and would like to thank them all for sharing everything that they post with all of us.
To all the bloggers who write the blogs that I follow and to all those who our following us on our journey and to those who engage with our story – I sincerely thank you!